Augusta Road Living in Augusta Road: Real Estate, Amenities and Lifestyle
Welcome to Augusta Road
Augusta Road is one of Greenville’s oldest neighborhoods and the premier shopping spot in the city. The northern part of the Augusta Road neighborhood puts you right near the heart of downtown Greenville, while the southern part of the neighborhood gives you quick access to I-85 and the rest of the city. In the Augusta Road neighborhood, you’ll find tons of shopping and dining establishments situated in a historical area.
Why You Belong in Augusta Road
The Augusta Rd. area has much to offer as far as location and cost of living.
- Perfect Location: If you want to be close to the action downtown, but not surrounded by noise, Augusta Road is the ideal spot. A quick drive gets you downtown when you want to go there, and you get to go back and enjoy a more peaceful and private atmosphere in your Augusta Road home.
- Affordable Living: You’ll notice upscale touches around the neighborhood, like high-end boutiques, but don’t let those fool you into thinking that the cost of living is a bit too high here. The area is quite affordable in terms of housing and amenities. You can shop for bargains along Augusta Rd. and save up for special nights out at one of the neighborhood’s fine dining establishments.
Augusta Road Homes for Sale
The Augusta Road neighborhood has something for everyone, from historic homes to newer ones. You’ll also find homes that have been newly renovated. The area includes a wide range of house styles and sizes as well, such as modest ranch-style homes with around 1,500 sq. ft. of space and sprawling mansions with more than 5,000 sq. ft. of space. While some homes do go for more than $1M, there are plenty of much more affordable homes for sale in the area as well.
Augusta Road’s housing market gives you the chance to settle in a calm and quiet setting while still being close to all of the excitement that downtown has to offer. No matter where you end up living, you’ll be near the neighborhood’s commercial district and the rest of downtown Greenville, which means you’ll have several options for dining, shopping and entertainment.
Distinguished Schools in Greenville
- Augusta Circle Elementary School | Grades K-5
- Blythe Academy | Grades PK-5
- Hughes Academy | Grades 6-8
- Greenville Senior High Academy | Grades 9-12
The Augusta Road area has high-rated public elementary, middle and high schools, as well as convenient access to outstanding private schools and charter schools, such as the Chandler School for grades K-8, the Governor’s School of Arts and Humanities for grades 9-12, Fuller Normal Industrial Institute for kindergarten and Greenville Technical Charter High School. There are also several highly ranked preschools in the area, including Westminster Weekday School and Trinity Child Development Center.
You’ll Enjoy: Community, Convenience and Charm
The Augusta Road prides itself on fostering a strong sense of community. Residents and local businesses join together to put on community events throughout the year.
- Summer on Augusta. Summer festivities in the neighborhood include block parties, a garden art contest for kids, live music, a Mater Pie Contest and great food provided by local restaurants.
- Holiday Open House. The holiday season kicks off with Santa, hot cocoa, carriage rides, live music and shopping on Augusta St. The Augusta Road Business Association (ARBA) puts this event together each year on the Sunday afternoon before Thanksgiving. It’s not just about spending money, though. ARBA also encourages residents to donate to local charities for the holidays during the Holiday Open House.
- Lights on Augusta. ARBA also organizes the area’s annual holiday lights display. This event gives you the chance to stroll down Augusta and admire the elaborate lighting displays in storefronts and businesses. You’ll also be able to vote for your favorite!
As far as convenience, Augusta Road has this in spades. You’re just minutes from a variety of restaurants, such as Augusta Grill, Brick Street Cafe and LeGrand Bakery. You’re also close to several specialty shops, including Vestique, Harrison Lighting and Antiques on Augusta. The neighborhood also features salons, spas, banks, dry cleaners and other professional services. When you have to venture a bit farther, the downtown area is close by.
When you live in Augusta Road, you’re surrounded by charm. From quaint shops to historical houses to rows of trees lining each street, the neighborhood has plenty of delightful qualities.
Buying a Home in Augusta Road
When you want to enjoy all that Greenville offers without living in the heart of the city or on the outskirts of town, Augusta Road is the perfect solution. You get to be part of a vibrant community, live minutes from the downtown area and settle in a historic part of town that offers great shopping and dining. Don’t forget about those beautiful views of the surrounding Blue Ridge Mountains, too. Augusta Road truly embodies everything that traditional and modern Greenville has to offer!