Greenville Living in Greenville: Real Estate, Amenities and Lifestyle
Welcome to Greenville, SC!
Greenville, SC offers residents a combination of picturesque surroundings, Southern hospitality and a trendy downtown scene. The city, which is tucked away at the feet of the Blue Ridge Mountains, provides an affordable place to live and several attractions and activities for young professionals and families alike to enjoy.
The Lifestyle: Career-Oriented During the Week, Casual on the Weekend
Part of Greenville’s growing appeal is its solid list of employers. Combine that with a long list of cultural attractions, scenic sights and shopping and dining establishments, and you’ll see why the city is on the upswing.
Greenville, SC’s Real Estate Market
Greenville’s low cost of living, which hovers just below the U.S. average, extends to its housing market. Homes here are affordable for those looking to buy or rent. The downtown area and surrounding streets offer a variety of housing styles, ranging from large Victorian homes to bungalows to condos in the downtown area.
Featured Neighborhoods in Greenville, SC
- West End: This neighborhood provides easy access to the downtown area and is home to Reedy River Falls Park. With scenic views and close proximity to Greenville’s arts and entertainment, West End offers mainly single-family homes, along with a few apartments and rental homes.
- Heritage: As an older neighborhood, Heritage has a strong historic feel. With public transportation nearby and the downtown area just minutes away, this neighborhood offers a convenient place to call home. You’ll find single-family homes, condo communities and apartments here.
- Overbrook: Home to Bob Jones University and Arthur Black Park, Overbrook offers a pleasant, easygoing atmosphere. With homes to buy, apartments to rent or houses to lease, there are plenty of housing options nearby.
You’ll Enjoy: A Leisurely Life Near the Mountains
Cultural attractions, natural settings and consumer-friendly places give you plenty of options to choose from.
- Plenty of Shopping Options: Whether you enjoy browsing through vintage wares, exploring boutique shops or bargain shopping at department stores, you won’t have trouble finding somewhere to go in Greenville. From Haywood Mall to Mast General Store, the city provides several shopping opportunities.
- Fresh Air and Exercise: With the Blue Ridge Escarpment nearby on Highway 11 and Lake Conestee Nature Park located along the Reedy River, you’ll have plenty of chances to grab your hiking shoes and head out the door.
- Performing Arts Galore: The city is home to Heritage Green, Carolina Ballet Theatre, Centre Stage and the Peace Center. Whether you like theatrical performances, live dance or concerts, you can easily find performing arts events to attend.
Distinguished Schools in Greenville, SC
- Langston Charter Middle School | Grades 6-8
- Sterling School | Grades PK-8
- A.J. Whittenburg Elementary School | Grades PK-5
- Governor’s School for Arts and Humanities | Grades 9-12
- Greenville Middle Academy | Grades 6-8
Greenville also has several public and private colleges and universities, including Bob Jones University, Greenville Technical College and South Carolina College of Pharmacy-Greenville. Just outside of the city are Furman University and North Greenville University, which both made it onto U.S. News and World Report’s Best Colleges list.
Perfect for: Young Professionals and Nature Lovers
Greenville’s location in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains gives outdoor enthusiasts plenty of land to explore. For those who prefer to unwind in a more urban setting after work or on the weekends, the city offers several things to do.
- Outdoor Recreation: From Falls Park on the Reedy to Riverbend Equestrian Park, Greenville provides numerous ways for nature lovers to enjoy the outdoors. The city’s temperate year-round climate also gives residents several chances to jog or bike along the scenic 17-5-mile GHS Swamp Rabbit Trail.
- Downtown Attractions: Greenville’s downtown area is filled with hip eateries, quaint boutique stores, theaters and museums. Stroll along Liberty Bridge to take in stunning views, then catch a show, study works of art or go on a shopping spree.
- Festivals and Events: Food lovers can look forward to Euphoria’s tasting events and cooking demos and enjoy samples from the area’s finest restaurants during Fall for Greenville. Art lovers will appreciate Artisphere, while sports fans will have fun at the Gallabrae Greenville Scottish Games.
Greenville, SC Utilities
- Greenville Water System | Water
- Duke Energy | Electric
- Piedmont Natural Gas | Gas
- Comcast | High Speed Internet
The Workforce: Several Major Companies, Plenty of Opportunities for Tech and Finance Professionals
As a growing city, Greenville excels at attracting young professionals as of late. With major employers, such as Michelin North America Inc., 3M and Honeywell, located in the city, it’s not difficult to find work here. Greenville’s employment growth rate is also expected to rise, making this an ideal place to call home for those looking to build a career.
Why Live Here: Natural Beauty and a Thriving Economy in a Charming Southern City
Avid hikers, young professionals and art aficionados alike will all find something to love about Greenville. With affordable real estate, plenty of steady jobs to go around, tons of places to enjoy and a mild climate, the city provides the perfect place to settle. Become part of the growing population in this beautiful city, and experience all of the charm and excitement it has to offer!