Greer Living in Greer: Real Estate, Amenities and Lifestyle
Welcome to Greer, SC
Located just 30 minutes away from Greenville and Spartanburg, Greer is a vibrant and diverse city that combines the best in affordable living with modern amenities and a healthy dose of Southern hospitality. From its historic downtown area to the quiet, secluded lakes and grandiose beauty of the Blue Ridge mountains, the city has plenty to offer families, couples and just about anyone looking for both a unique and outdoorsy place to call home.
The Lifestyle: Where Old Meets New
Steeped in a rich and long-spanning history, the city has evolved into a destination for a broad array of diverse cultures. Many of the city’s various attractions offer a fusion of old and new, combining its grand heritage with the modern comforts and amenities that today’s residents enjoy. Festivals, concerts and other activities are never in short supply in Greer.
Greer, SC Real Estate Market
With so many styles to choose from, finding the right home in Greer is much easier than you’d think. Many of the city’s neighborhoods offer an eclectic mix of traditional and contemporary homes. Areas closer to downtown Greer offer an appealing mix of neoclassical, Colonial Revival and bungalow-style homes that speak to the city’s historic nature.
If you’re looking for something a bit more modern, the outlying suburban area features a wonderful mix of modern homes with open floor plans which offer space, comfort and plenty of Southern charm.
Featured Neighborhoods in Greer
- Carisbrooke: This neighborhood evolved from a patchwork of farms and forest to a highly desirable residential community complete with scenic walking trails and a lakefront area surrounded by contemporary homes. There are over 140 homes in this neighborhood, each one custom-built.
- Brighton: This small, family-friendly community features only 60 homes, but each home offers a generous amount of square footage on no less than 1/3-acre lots. Residents benefit from a vast array of amenities, including walking trails, communal swimming pools, nearby lakes and beautiful scenery.
- Thornblade: Located southwest of downtown Greer, this upscale community features a mix of apartments and contemporary homes with brick, concrete and stone accenting.
You’ll Enjoy: A One-of-a-Kind Atmosphere
With so many sights to see and things to do, you’ll never have a dull moment in Greer. Enjoy amazing restaurants, historic sightseeing and shopping options. Take in the natural beauty and wonder of the nearby foothills and enjoy a day of relaxation on the city’s many lakes.
- A Trip Back Through Time: Each neighborhood is jam-packed with interesting history that stretches as far back as the colonial period, resulting in plenty of interesting sights for residents and visitors alike to see.
- Fantastic Shopping: Historic Greer Station offers 12 blocks of shopping, fine dining and entertainment, with over 40 buildings listed on the National Historic Register. This unique shopping area has seen a spate of modern improvements that make the shopping experience much more attractive to residents and visitors alike.
- Rest and Relaxation: How about a lazy afternoon out on the lake? Or a day spent improving your golf swing? With several lakes nearby and quick access to the gorgeous Blue Ridge mountains, you’re never too far away from a little lakefront fun.
Distinguished Schools in Greer, SC
Woodland Elementary School | Grades PK-5 | 1730 Gibb Shoals Rd
Buena Vista Elementary School | Grades K-5 | 310 South Batesville Rd
Riverside Middle School | Grades 6-8 | 615 Hammett Bridge Rd
Riverside High School | Grades 9-12 | 794 Hammett Bridge Rd
Perfect For: Families and Outdoor Enthusiasts
Outdoor Activities: From fishing to skiing, and hiking, there’s always an abundance of things to do in the great outdoors surrounding the city. Residents and visitors also have easy access to the splendor of the nearby Blue Ridge Mountains.
Festivals and Events: There’s always something going on in the city, whether it’s the annual Ghost Walk or the Albino Skunk Music Festival. There are also plenty of other events that highlight the city’s rich heritage.
Museums and Exhibits: Old meets new when it comes to the city’s numerous historic museums. The Greer Heritage Museum offers a stunning glimpse into the city’s rich agricultural and textile origins. The BMW Zentrum, located on the grounds of the company’s manufacturing facility, provides visitors with an astonishing look into the company’s unique history.
Greer, SC Utilities
Greer Commission of Public Works | Electric, Gas & Water
Charter Communications | Cable & High Speed Internet
The Workforce: Established Intermodal and Manufacturing Industries
Historically known for its expansive textile and manufactured goods industry, Greer continues to be the focal point for a variety of manufacturing, transportation and technology jobs. Top employers include Michelin, BMW, which has the first and only automotive manufacturing facility in North America, and the South Carolina Inland Port.
Why Live Here: Southern Comfort in a Booming Area
There’s plenty to love about Greer, from its charming and history-rich downtown area to the stunning beauty of the Appalachian foothills and the sheer number of attractive neighborhoods. Living in Greer gives you an opportunity to take advantage of low-cost South Carolina living.