Mauldin Living in Mauldin: Real Estate, Amenities and Lifestyle
Welcome to Mauldin, SC!
Mauldin is a small city in Greenville County, South Carolina. With a population of just over 15,000 and a total area of 8.6 square miles, the city was named for William Mauldin, who was Lieutenant Governor of the state in 1886. A new railroad was set to bypass the town, but he used his influence to alter the route through the town. Since then this community has turned into one filled with industry and the an area filled with affordable housing of all types.
Mauldin’s Real Estate Market
Finding the right home in Mauldin is simply a matter of picking which style fits you. The area offers a wide array of architectural styles and open floor plans are designed to maximize space and give you an authentic element of southern comfort and living.The average price of a home in Mauldin is around $160K and there are over 5,000 owned properties within the city limits. There is ample opportunity to buy new or established homes, both with larger acreages than the nearby downtown areas.
Featured Neighborhoods in Mauldin, SC
- Miller Road/Hamby Drive: This suburban neighborhood is made up primarily of small to medium sized homes and apartment complexes. It has a combination on homeowners and renters and most of the established residences were built between 1970 and 1999.
- Bethel Road/Route 14: This neighborhood has a particular look and character to it. The buildings look as though they range from different time periods and shops signs boast multiple languages.
- Lake Taro: The setting, buildings, and flavor of this neighborhood make it unique among the other areas in town. You will marvel at the homes, transportation systems, and the community as a whole.
- City Center: Real estate values in City Center are among the highest in Mauldin, and this includes rental properties. It is a beautiful neighborhood that is directly in the heart of the city and has plenty of restaurants, shops, and other amenities within close walking distance.
- Ashmore Bridge Road/Ranch Road: This neighborhood is more high end. It is located on the southwest part of the city and offers spectacular views of the countryside outside of town.
You’ll Enjoy: Down Home Living in the South Carolina Heartland
Despite being a relatively small town in stature, Mauldin vibrates energy, with all the comforts and amenities that larger cities have to offer. Whichever activities you choose, come winter or summer, there are always plenty of options to choose from.
Cultural Heritage: Mauldin has some of the state’s richest cultural destinations. You may find yourself at the:
- Roper Mountain Science Center
- Greenville County Museum of Art
- The Children’s Museum of the Upstate
- Bob Jones University Museum and Gallery
Nights on the Town: While each neighborhood may have its own lifestyle and scene, there are several restaurants, bars and even nightclubs to enjoy for residents and visitors alike. You can also take in a movie with one of the local theaters, or even take in a play.
Shopping and Other Amenities: Mauldin’s City Center has the largest compilation of clothing stores, eateries, and other shops located within a historic district. They offer a unique working, shopping, and living area conveniently located within reach of all neighborhoods in the city.
Distinguished Schools in Mauldin, SC
- Back To Basics Preschool
- Montessori Elementary School of Mauldin
- St. Paul’s Christian Middle School
- Mauldin High School
There are several public and private schools that offer top notch educational programs. Depending on where you live in town, your child is sure to benefit from.
Perfect for: Families and Nature Lovers
With its close proximity to amusement parks, golf courses, and lush countryside destinations, Mauldin has something to offer everyone. A family friendly atmosphere with lots of things to do makes Mauldin the perfect place to enjoy the best that South Carolina has to offer.
- Festivals and Events: Mauldin hosts many wonderful community festivals and special events, such as: Peacock Strides for babies 5K, Community Easter Egg Drop, Mauldin BBQ Cookoff, Mauldin Christmas Weekend, and so much more.
- Arts and Entertainment: There are several museums, art galleries, theatres, and city tours to enrich your lifestyle.
Mauldin, SC Utilities
- City of Mauldin – Greenville Water System
- Duke Energy – Electric
- Piedmont Natural Gas
- Charter Communications – High Speed Internet
Why Live In Mauldin: A Growing Economy in South Carolina’s Heartland
One of the most unique characteristics to Mauldin is the amount of employment opportunities available in and around the city. Major employers have not only positioned themselves within Mauldin city limits, but also within cities that are a short driving distance away. You get a high quality of life, friendly neighbors, and rich cultural heritage. What’s not to love about Mauldin?