Simpsonville Living in Simpsonville: Real Estate, Amenities and Lifestyle
Welcome to Simpsonville, SC!
Simpsonville has the small town feel, with the larger city of Greenville only a short drive away. In 2010 it was named one of the 10 Best Towns for Families by Family Circle magazine. Simpsonville offers residents a life perfect for families, couples and singles looking for a smaller community, without sacrificing any amenities.
The Lifestyle: Active Community, Mixed with Entertainment & Culture
Simpsonville has everything from a Main Street lined with shops, and restaurants, to an outdoor entertainment venue. This city is the perfect blend of urban and metro. There’s local restaurants, annual festivals, local shops and big name stores.
Simpsonville’s Real Estate Market
Finding the perfect place to call home in Simpsonville will be easy if you’re looking to live a suburban lifestyle. There’s gated communities with custom built homes, and neighborhoods that have a country feel. In newly developed neighborhoods there’s all brick houses, European style, and traditional homes that have a stone, and/or stucco exterior.
Because of the rapid population growth, a lot of homes were built within the last 20 years. There’s over 70 subdivisions, and all are close to Interstate 385, leading to several transportation outlets.
Featured Neighborhoods in Simpsonville, SC
- Five Forks Plantation: This is one of the newest neighborhoods in Simpsonville. This neighborhood has multi-story homes which have a brick or stone exterior. Within the 13 acres of common ground there’s a pool, pond, clubhouse, tennis courts, and walking paths.
- Standing Springs Estates: This neighborhood in Simpsonville offers residents the chance to live in a country setting. Residents are within walking distance from nature trails, parks, public athletic fields, and the Discovery Island waterpark.
- Kingsbridge: At this gated Simpsonville neighborhood, no two homes are alike because all were custom built. The styles of houses range from traditional to European designs. On the 18 acres of common ground there’s a swimming pool, clubhouse, and fitness center.
You’ll Enjoy: An Active Lifestyle in a Diverse Community
Simpsonville is a fun place to live for everyone in the family. In the winter you can go skiing, and in the summer you can visit the city’s water park. The Simpsonville Parks and Recreation Department put together everything from summer camps for kids, to senior adult activities.
- Life near Heritage Park: Simpsonville’s Heritage Park is the perfect place for those who live an active lifestyle. There’s batting cages, baseball fields, walking, hiking, and biking trails, and picnic shelters. At the park there’s also a miniature train, which kids can ride.
- Nights on the Town: Downtown Simpsonville has something for everybody. There’s pubs, a jazz club, sports bars, and restaurants. If looking for something relaxing to do, there’s the Regal Simpsonville Stadium movie theater, a bowling alley, and an art gallery.
- World-Class Music Venue: The Charter Spectrum Amphitheatre houses major concerts, festivals, and city activities. One weekend an artist such as Bob Dylan will perform, and the next weekend a family-friendly movie will be shown at the city’s Movie in the Park event.
Distinguished Schools in Simpsonville, SC
- Bethel Elementary School | Grades K-5 | 111 Bethel School Rd.
- Southside Christian School | Grades PK-12 | 2211 Woodruff Rd.
- Ralph Chandler Middle School | Grades 6-8 | 4231 Fork Shoals Rd.
- Hillcrest High School | Grades 9-12 | 3665 South Industrial Dr.
- Brashier Middle College Charter School | Grades 9-12 | 1830 West Georgia Rd.
Several South Carolina colleges and universities are near Simpsonville. Some within 25 miles of Simpsonville include University of South Carolina Upstate, North Greenville University, and Spartanburg Community College. Virginia College Greenville is 7 miles from Simpsonville. That college specializes in career specific associate degrees, such as surgical technology, and medical office administration.
Perfect for: Families and Live Entertainment Lovers
With a major concert venue in the city, Simpsonville is ideal for music lovers. A family-friendly community with free city events make this a great place to have an active social life.
- Concerts & Events: Along with major concerts being held in Simpsonville, there’s also holiday parades, Goblinfest, and an annual Independence Day Concert with entertainment from the Greenville Symphony Orchestra.
- Arts & Leisure: Simpsonville is also home to the SAFi Art Center, Planet Beach Spa, golf courses, and country clubs. You can also take a short trip to Greenville to visit the Alpine Ski Center, and Roper Mountain Science Center.
- Entertainment: Being within 20 minutes of Greenville means you’ll be near the Greenville Zoo, Frankie’s Fun Park, and a children’s museum.
Simpsonville, SC Utilities
- Greenville Water System | Water
- Duke Power | Electric
- Piedmont Natural Gas | Gas
- Charter Communications | High Speed Internet
The Workforce: Reliable Jobs in Established Industries
Simpsonville is known for having a low unemployment rate. KEMET Electronics Corporation, Para-Chem Southern Inc, and Milliken & Company all have factories and headquarters in Simpsonville. Within those industries there’s job opportunities in operations, office support, technical fields, and more. You’ll also be less than 20 minutes from downtown Greenville, which is one of South Carolina’s largest central business districts.
Why Live Here: A Stable Economy in Beautiful South Carolina
Fantastic real estate opportunities coupled with affordable living and constant family-centric events makes Simpsonville a great place to live. Take advantage of living in a suburban area that’s within the Golden Strip. Simpsonville is a lovely, and lively city that is a phenomenal place to call home!