The yearly number of sold homes has been slowly decreasing in our market, which means now is the time to sell if you’ve been thinking about it.
What’s the state of our market as of January 2018?
Let’s compare the number of units sold each year from 2007 to 2017 and the percentage in which each year’s sales increased or decreased compared to the previous year, according to the Greenville MLS:
- 2007: 10,058
- 2008: 8,021—a 20.6% decrease
- 2009: 6,875—a 15.4% decrease
- 2010: 6,530—a 3.7% decrease
- 2011: 6,395—a 2.1% decrease
- 2012: 7,433—a 16.2% increase
- 2013: 9,160—a 23.2% increase
- 2014: 9,942—an 8.5% increase
- 2015: 11,312—a 13.8% increase
- 2016: 12,198—a 7.8% increase
- 2017: 12,598—a 3.3% increase
As you can see, the continual increase in our number of units sold has been slowing down, which will start taking pressure off of prices.
This means if you’re thinking about selling anytime within the next three to five years, now is the time to do it. If you’re a buyer, remember that we still have record-low interest rates, so now could be a great opportunity to buy as well.
If you have any other questions about our current market or you’re thinking of buying or selling a home soon, don’t hesitate to give me a call or shoot me an email. I’d love to help you.